Idiot's Guide to Atlanta

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Excitement

GUESS WHAT--one of my mentors in the Southeastern Council of Foundations informed me that she would miss me, namely the work I've been doing, very much when my summer experience here finalizes. She's looking to hire an administrative/communications/PR assistant, and I connected her with a local friend and UNC alumna currently job-hunting! How exciting is that?? She's interviewing with my mentor right now--cross your fingers for Emily! :)

Other news of note:
Tonight I head with my coworkers to MegaFest, Atlanta's annual Christian revival festival featuring many renowned pastors and performers. We will be attending the general service preached by Reverend TD Jakes in the Georgia Dome. I'll let yall know how it all turns out. :)

Tomorrow night:
Chetan and I volunteer with the Emory Autism Center as they host a sci-fi (primarily Star Wars and Star Trek)-themed event for young adult clients living with autism and Asperger's. We're prepared with bona fide lightsabers and...um...we'll have to be creative with the rest of the costume. :)

~~Pics to come~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home